Here you can explore the hundreds of community archives listed on this site. You can also find archives on our interactive map. If you can’t see a particular archive listed, please add it to the directory.
These are the most recent archives to have been added to the directory.
- Milverton Village Archive has been collecting all things connected with Milverton, including memories, artefacts, photos, written history and maps, for over 50 years.
- An online archive and website created by Newport History Group with help from the community.
- Cousland Smiddy gives visitors a fascinating glimpse into our village's heritage, with an early 18th century blacksmith’s workshop, Victorian cottage, other partially conserved associated buildings, organic allotments in the former gardens and recreational spaces to enjoy.
These are the winning and highly commended archives in the 2020 Community Archives awards.
- A collection of oral histories and associated materials concerning the post-war history of sport in east Kent.
- The seventieth anniversary of the Empire Windrush bringing invited Caribbean workers to Britain in 1948 prompted Kirklees Local TV (KLTV) to focus on the journeys, experiences, and heritage of Huddersfield's local African-Caribbean descent community.
- Chippenham Museum is a town council funded accredited museum which tells the story of the Wiltshire market town and its surrounding villages from prehistoric times to the present day.
- Home of the Irish Community Archive Network, where groups and individuals can showcase their local history and heritage through photos, memories, stories, research and observations of life around Ireland.
- The People’s Heritage Co-operative is a group of historians, archivists and creative practitioners committed to developing educational and inspiring community heritage projects about the lives of Birmingham’s people.
- The Archive holds a performance listing of productions held at the venue together with a growing list of theatre programmes, posters, photographs and other memorabilia relating to the building.