Enriching the List! Free Workshop
October 28, 2017 10:30 AM - 1:30 PM
Do you have information and photographs to share that could help Enrich the List?
Join our free workshop on Saturday 28 October in Cambridge and find out how to enrich the National Heritage List for England and bring your research to a wider audience.
What can you share?
· Photos: new and old
· Historical events and social history
· Changes made to a building since Listing
· Information about the architecture or archaeology of a site
The history of our land and its people is marked in the fabric of England’s buildings and places. The most significant of these are listed, so that they can be understood and protected for the future. The National Heritage List for England which started its life in 1882 and has almost 40,000 entries. This unique record can be searched online for free and now, for the first time, Historic England is asking local groups across England to share their knowledge and pictures to help enrich the List.
This workshop will show how you and your group can get involved.
What will we cover?
· Brief history of the National Heritage List for England from 1882 when the first powers of protection were established.
· How to search the online List.
· How to add your information and photographs to enrich the List.
· Ideas for group activities and projects to enrich the List.
Venue and Timings
The event will be held at Brooklands House (Historic England), 24 Brooklands Avenue, Cambridge, CB2 8BU
Directions will be sent out on registration. Free parking is available on site to registered attendees.
Saturday 28 October 2017
Start 10.30 – Finish 13.30
The workshop is free to attend. Refreshments including a sandwich lunch will be provided.
the venue has good accessibility, visit Historic England website for further information
If you have any queries about the workshop, please contact Jane Golding jane.golding@HistoricEngland.org.uk