Moretonhampstead History Society
The archive consists of:
- Original material relating to the Moretonhampstead History Society.
- Original records & papers relating to the parish of Moretonhampstead, Devon.
- Copies & transcripts of documents relating to the history of the parish.
- Research notes on the history of the parish.
- Family history files.
- Files on buildings & farms in the parish.
- Audio-visual materials relating to the parish.
The archive is stored in the Green Hill Arts & Heritage Centre (in the old primary school next to the parish church) Fore St., Moretonhampstead TQ13 8LL. There is a searchable database of the archive at www.moretonarchives.org.uk. Please use the contact tab if you wish to make an appointment to consult the archives.
Where material is more suitably stored in Devon Record Office (e.g. church registers, tithe map), it is transferred there.
The Moretonhampstead History Society website at www.moretonhampstead.org.uk has searchable parish history articles & databases of census, parish & school registers, trade directories etc.
We are grateful to HLF & Teignbridge District Council for funding the creation of the archive.