Maryhill Burgh Halls Trust
Maryhill Burgh Halls opened in 1878 and acted as a social hub of the independent police burgh North West of Glasgow until it closed in the 1960s. Maryhill Burgh Halls Trust formed in 2004 and raised over £9 million to refurbish the Victorian halls, incorporating what was once the neighbouring police and firestation. The Burgh Halls is now a event and local heritage venue with office space available for let. The heritage team manage a community exhibition area in the halls, collect, document and display a small heritage collection donated by local and former residents and run events for the local community.
The collection comprises of various objects which reflect the social, cultural and built heritage of Maryhill including photographs, postcards, pamphlets, coins, medals and more.