Chorley Family History Research Centre
The LFHHS Chorley Family History Research Centre offers:
- Two Research Rooms equipped with Computers and Fast Internet Access enabling our researchers to use our CD and Computer Resources as well as On Line Internet Family History resources.
A dedicated Research Library Room, housing all our data collections on Fiche, CD, Book, and Microfilm. Our collection includes Parish Records, Census, Wills, Family History Guides, Occupations, Maps and Gazetteers, Directories.
- Two Meeting / Training Rooms with full Audio Visual facilities enabling us to run in house, Family History Education classes. Day Seminars and Workshops: Evening Computer club, as well as enabling us to have One to One Meet the Expert days.
- Our Training Rooms can also be used to run specially tailored events for schools and other visiting groups. These room will also be made available to other local organizations with an educational/charitable profile.
- Fast Internet Access on our own in house network.
- In House Family History Shop for all your Family History needs – Books, Acid Free Products, CDs.
- A Distance Research facility enabling those who cannot get to the Centre because of distance or incapacity to access our facilities and obtain help with their research. This will utilise technology solutions like Skype, Google + as well as email, telephone or even Snail Mail!
We work closely with Schools, Youth Groups, Church Groups, local Community Groups, Pensioner and Retired Groups, Special Needs Groups to organise visits and to provide courses tailored to their own specific requirements
The LFHHS Chorley Family History Research Centre is manned by knowledgeable, enthusiastic volunteer researchers who can provide all our visitors with help and guidance.
For more details see our website
Appointments when open: 01257 231600, when Centre is closed: 01257 262028
For Group/Room Bookings or general enquiries: 01257 262028
or email firstname.lastname@example.org