Chinese Oral History Project
The Chinese Oral History Project, which is supported by Heritage Lottery Fund, has been organised by the Chinese Mental Health Association (CMHA) since October 2005.
The Oral History Project started with a series of interviews with the older generation of Chinese living in London. These interviews have provided the material to engage the younger generation in producing a documentary, an educational booklet, and an interactive CD-ROM. This project is a synergy of volunteers from diverse culture backgrounds and has a significant influence in the British Born Chinese community.
The success of the Chinese Oral History Project has gained a place in the China in London events of 2007. These events will take place during February and March 2007 where the project installation, booklet and documentary will be screened at venues across London during this period.Details of all events are listed below. Please check out our website for updated information and look out for the China in London guide that will be available around London from 16th January 2007.
South Woodford Library
- 116 High Road Redbridge, London E18 2QS
- Installation displayed from Thursday 1st to Saturday 10th February.
- Documentary screening on Saturday 10th February at 10:30am
- 199-201 Lewisham High Street, London SE13 6LG
- Installation displayed from Saturday 10th to Saturday 17th February.
- Documentary screening on Saturday 17th February at 2:15pm
Charing Cross Library
- 4 Charing Cross Road, London WC2H 0HF
- Installation displayed on Sunday 18th February
- Documentary screening on Sunday 18th February at 11:30am, 1:00pm, 3:00pm
National Portrait Gallery
- St Martin’s Place, London WC2H 0HE
- Installation displayed on Saturday 24th February
- Documentary screening on Saturday 24th February 2:00pm
- The Queen’s Walk, London SE1 2AA
- Installation displayed on Sunday 4th March
- Documentary screening on Sunday 4th March at 2:00pm
Ealing Hammersmith and WestLondonCollege
- (For students of the college only)
- Installation displayed from Wednesday 7th March to Friday 9th March
- Documentary screening on Thursday 8th March at 2:30pm, 4:00pm; and Friday 9th March at 2:30pm, 4:00pm
- 245 St John St, London EC1V 4NB
- Installation displayed from Saturday 10th March to Saturday 17th March
London Film Academy
- The Old Church, 52a Walham Grove, London SW6 1QR
- Documentary screening on Saturday 24th March at 7:00pm and 8:30pm
- Limited spaces, please contact
- Please check out our website for updated information and look out for the China in London guide that will be available around London from 16th January 2007.